Monday, October 15, 2007

Me and Hitler's Globe

I've been busy as of late writing about a man who is parting ways with a bit of history. I'll remember meeting this fine gentleman from Oakland, holding this odd piece of history in my hands and running a finger along the border of "Italian East Africa" (as it was then known) and being fairly glad I didn't drop the whole thing on my toe. That would have been the very definition of a "Day of Infamy."

For the unitiated, ABC is nice enough to keep my byline...
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=3731826

The New York Times stiffs me yet again... sigh
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Hitlers-Globe.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

- Ron

2 comments:

AJ said...

Can they just pick up your story and not give you credit? That bites ...

Anonymous said...

hiya...chele told me about the article and i finally found one with your byline at aol. ; - ). maybe that's why i never see your articles, they don't want to give you credit. d*mn them. lol take care, enjoyed the read.