Friday, February 29, 2008

Rack!

We watched a good documentary last night called "King of Kong: A Fistfull of Quarters." It was about retro videogames and particularly the world record score for Donkey Kong, long held by a fellow from Florida named Billy Mitchell and threatened to be overtaken by a guy from Redmond, Wash. named Steve Wiebe.

I play videogames, review games, and used to work in old school arcades back in the day (early 80s). On some level, it's a good slice of my life. In honor of that slice I'm going to start occasionally posting some video clips of my retro game play. It's amazing the patterns that run through your head years _ in some cases two decades _ after you've last played a game. If any of the clips I post rings a bell for you, feel free to chime in a tell me your past gaming experiences.

Enjoy this clip of me racking at Zaxxon. (There's no game sound, so I dubbed in some music.)

- Ron


1 comment:

Unknown said...

love it!. takes me back to summers in santa cruz. aaahh the memories. luv ya kimmie