Thursday, August 14, 2008

Savannah = Ridiculous Good Candy

I have an old magazine ad which I've been meaning to frame. It is by the American Confectioners Council, and reads, "Candy's dandy, keep it handy!" That ran through my mind in Savannah, at the Savannah Candy Kitchen, which knocks out some pretty mean sweets.

Want proof? Here's your sweet proof.
- Ron

Fully ridiculous glory-covered marshmellows on a stick.


No this isn't the surface of Mars. This is a landscape of handmade chocolate bark, encrusted with some handmade Oreo-type devices. I probably knocked my head on the glass case staring at this.


These are fresh pralines, cooling on a slab. When you walk into the Savannah Candy Kitchen, the guy takes a metal candy spatula and whaps off a hunk of it and gives it to you. Then you go buy some, because it's the thing to do.

No comments: